Friday 27 November 2015

Review of Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter

Books are meant to be held and read - but you don't just hold this book, it holds you! 

Rating: 5 out of 5*

I loved this book. 

As much as it's always great catching up with "old friends" like Sara Linton and Will Trent when a writer continues an exciting series, it is also very enjoyable discovering new characters and those of Lydia and Claire were very interesting to get to know.

This is superbly written and told from two different perspectives which not only makes for good reading but adds another dimention to the tale. It kept me thinking as much as enthralled throughout the whole book as any well composed psychological thriller should. With each new discovery and each new character introduced I found myself reassessing the information I already had learned, adding and adjusting, and trying to predict where I was being taken. Yet around each turn I found something new and unexpected.

I was very lucky to receive a proof copy of this book, but would have been very happy with my purchase even if I had to wait like most for it to be available to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment